two-four-seven

Thursday, March 26, 2009

POWER OVERWHELMING

In light of the recent shooting and killings of three Oakland police officers in the past week, there has been a lot of talk and controversy about the entire "fuck the police" state of mind. People who grow up in poverty, whose parents are full fledged drug addicts, and whose best friends are violent gang bangers, you really can't help but understand that they've been conditioned to think this way. After reading this article, I can empathize with these West Oakland residents who "cheered and celebrated the death of the three Oakland police officers".

"The Dallas Police Department confirmed Thursday that an officer drew a gun on NFL running back Ryan Moats and his wife after he stopped them to give them a ticket even as they begged to hurry to the bedside of their dying mother.

As he rushed his family to the hospital, Ryan Moats, 26, rolled through a red light. A Dallas police officer pulled their SUV over outside the emergency room at the Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano.

“He was pointing a gun at me as soon as I got out of the car,” said his wife, Tamishia Moats. “It was the weirdest feeling because I’ve never had a gun pointed at me before under those circumstances.”

Seconds later, Ryan Moats and his wife explained that her mother was dying inside the hospital.

“You really want to go through this right now?” Moats pleaded. “My mother-in-law is dying. Right now!”"


not cool.

No comments:

I'M ME

My photo
831650, United States

Blog Archive